Manager / Senior Manager, Communication
Roles & Responsibilities
We are looking for a Manager/Senior Manager, Communication to join the team.
The Manager/Senior Manager, Communication will be responsible for planning and leading the full range of communication activities on print and digital platforms, maintaining brand integrity across initiatives, and delivering external and internal communication materials for the organisation. A content-creator, he/she will also be required to liaise with stakeholders to gain an understanding of communication requirements and formulate appropriate messaging.
You will be a member of the Communication and Partnerships Department, which is responsible for developing and implementing branding and marketing activities across traditional and digital marketing platforms to achieve strategic communication objectives, resource mobilisation, community relations and experience management. We build SLEC’s brand awareness, engagement, and brand value, by reaching out to the public and stakeholders such as elders, their family members, corporate partners, donors, churches, volunteers and our own employees.
As a senior member of the communication team, you will lead the team, synergise with other teams within the department, and collaborate with others in the organisation to bring forward the SLEC brand uniquely and positively.
- Lead the rebranding efforts and contribute to developing the brand strategy and integrated brand and marketing approach.
- Be the custodian of the organisation by maintaining brand integrity across all communication and marketing initiatives.
- Ensure effective planning and execution of communications efforts across all communications channels to bring the organisation’s key messages through to target audiences.
- Co-lead impact content and campaigns for external and internal communication channels (success stories profiling, speeches, press releases, presentation materials).
- Conceptualise multi-media content such as videos or infographics to support communications initiatives.
- Track content impact outcomes across the spectrum of communication on print and online channels, to optimise content for target audiences.
- Monitor corporate aspects of the website by ensuring that services and corporate information remain relevant and updated.
- Produce corporate collaterals, including the annual report, newsletters, brochures, and print and online news by coordinating internal stakeholders, writing content, managing timelines, and liaising with vendors for production and delivery.
- Support fundraising and community relations through relevant communication channels such as EDMs and digital media outlets.
- Guide team members by providing direction and helping to refine ideas and content.
- Manage brand reputational issues, formulate and execute crisis communication plan as the need arises.
- Oversee the events initiated by the department.
- Ensure quality and consistency in materials produced, and the timely reporting of required metrics.
- Day-to-day administrative tasks across the department.
- Develop content for a range of communication collaterals, including news releases, reports, infographics, and opinion pieces.
- Proactively engage online and mainstream media to promote and build positive awareness of SLEC.
- Lead media-related events (media interviews, media releases and publicity engagement materials).
- Support advisory to internal stakeholders on media outreach and management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mass Communication, Marketing, Journalism, Event Management, or a similar discipline.
- Minimum six years of prior experience in marketing or corporate communication, content marketing or public relations.
- Excellent writing, proofreading, and editing skills.
- Strong media engagement skills.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills with strong problem-solving and interpersonal skills.
- Highly organised, detail-oriented and able to set clear guidelines and deadlines.
- Comfortable managing multiple projects and competing priorities in a fast-paced environment. Self-motivated, resourceful, a good team player, with an affable personality.
- Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Effectively bilingual (spoken) in English and Mandarin will be an added advantage.
- Strong team management and people development skills.
St Luke's ElderCare serves the community via services such as day care, day rehabilitation, dementia.