- Support and participate in quality improvement and research activities to enhance resident care management and improve practices.
- Comply with ENHS requirements in care and documentation.
- Lead in response to emergencies, perform first aid and arrange for an ambulance when an emergency arises.
- Serve as a consultant to the care partners on basic nursing issues.
- Monitor the health and nutritional status of residents daily and escalate to Senior Nurse where applicable.
- Assist in the physical examination and other minor procedures accordingly according to competency levels.
- Ensure specimens are collected appropriately and dispatched on time.
- Carry out nursing procedures as instructed (e.g. tube feeding, oxygen therapy).
- Administer prescribed medications to our residents by adhering to the 10 rights.
- Observe for adverse side effects and the efficacy of the medicines.
- Documenting of IR in adverse reactions and medication errors.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of interventions and report to SN accordingly. (e.g. oxygen therapy)
- Record accurate and concise statements on the nursing care rendered to the residents in compliance with required standards.
- Monitor the nutritional status of residents and intervene where necessary.
- Encourage independence and provide support for residents’ hygiene care (e.g. skin care, oral care, bathing, dressing, grooming, toileting) when required.
- Provide necessary preventive (e.g. moisturiser) and therapeutic (e.g. positioning) skincare routines to residents to preserve skin integrity and prevent pressure injury.
- Perform ‘last office’ service to deceased residents and help with the transfer to Holding Room where necessary.
- Integrate nursing care and residents’ mobility, ADL community integration training where applicable. (e.g. walk to the toilet to help them change their diaper)
- Assist in the orientation to help residents and their families feel assured and welcome.
- Assess for signs of possible abuse and participate in the investigation as needed.
- Assess for signs of dementia or mental health issues, and report to SN where appropriate
- Participate actively in transdisciplinary discussions to promote quality care for residents.
- Coordinate the physical admission, transfer and discharge of residents to and from SLR.
- Schedule, arrange, and document any follow-up medical appointments residents might have.
- Partner with volunteers to provide the SLR model of care.
- Conduct OJT or in-service for care partners and new colleagues as assigned.
- Comply with environmental infection control policy.
- Record the use of chargeable clinical consumables.
- Support and work cooperatively with all team members based on the self-managed household concept for the residents which includes simple cooking, menu planning, light laundry, and housekeeping.
- Any other projects that are assigned by the manager.
- Minimum NITEC in Nursing and above.
- Newly attained upgrades from Nursing Aides.
- Registered with Singapore Nursing Board (SNB)
- Team player with strong, communication, interpersonal and organisation abilities.
- Capable of working independently and under time constraints.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications.
St Luke's ElderCare serves the community via services such as day care, day rehabilitation, dementia.