Community Care Doctor
As a Community Care Doctor, you will provide medical care to SLEC clients, along with advice and support to their caregivers in collaboration with the rest of the care team (e.g. nurses, therapists, social workers, counsellors, centre staff, nursing home staff, etc), both internal and external to SLEC, such that care rendered is effective, coordinated and integrated. The Community Care Doctor also fosters a culture of safety and clinical improvement, contributes to programme development and supports the organisation from a clinical angle.
- Provide direct medical care to clients in home, residential and centre based services in a team setting.
- Provide clinical advice to caregivers.
- Assist in the development of medical practice guidelines, policies and protocols as required for the safe and effective provision of healthcare in SLEC.
- Assist in ensuring that clients receive appropriate evaluation, diagnosis, and treatment, and that all medical care is appropriately documented in the medical record.
- Devise programmes which facilitate a population and team-based approach to health care with the emphasis on collaboration and shared accountability among health and social care organisations.
- Practice guidelines and workflows which facilitate continuity of care and comprehensive care.
- Devise organisational and team structures that support integrated care.
- Collaborate closely with community members and stakeholders to provide services that meet the specific needs of the population.
- Any other projects that are assigned by the manager.
- MBBS or MD recognised by the Singapore Medical Council.
- Full registration with the Singapore Medical Council.
- At least 3 years of post housemanship.
- Possess good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Willingness to serve and connect with the elderly and underprivileged.
- Relevant Graduate diplomas in Geriatric Medicine, Palliative Medicine or Mental Health would be advantageous.
- Experience working with elderly or palliative patients would be advantageous.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications.
- Willingness to travel within Singapore.
St Luke's ElderCare serves the community via services such as day care, day rehabilitation, dementia.