- Assess, evaluate, plan and treat clients with a variety of disabilities for optimal care.
- Lead the team in delivering consistent and excellent clinical and service quality to clients and sponsors.
- Ensure that the team comply with clinical protocols and service standards in line with MOH service requirements.
- Responsible for the accurate assessment and appropriate treatment and activities for clients at Maintenance Day Care / Dementia Day Care.
- Maintain up-to-date documentation in accordance with MOH requirements including but not exhaustive:
- Initial assessment
- Therapy goals
- Individualised care plan
- Multidisciplinary meetings
- Treatment updates (using SOAP format) where necessary.
- Discharge planning
- Work as a multidisciplinary team and attend case conferences, team meetings, and family meetings.
- Provide home visits, home modification and caregiver training as required to facilitate the continuity of care for our clients (Home Therapy).
- Submit applications for schemes such as eSMF when necessary.
- Maintain safety and upkeep of all OT equipment and resources in Day Rehab.
- Referral to external organisations as necessary (eg. Social Work Department)
- Collate statistics to monitor performance of staff and services.
- Investigate and resolve all feedback and complaints received pertaining to rehab staff.
- Document and report adverse incidents to management, as necessary.
- Maintain and upkeep a proper inventory control with regular inspection and audits.
- Responsible for the improvement of the day-to-day operations and to provide suggestions to improve work processes at the respective centres/homes.
Education and Training
- Participate and conduct trainings on dementia care and activity engagements, etc for therapists, care staff and volunteers.
- Provide supervision to assigned staff/interns/volunteers.
- Engage with relevant agencies relating to OT.
Research and Quality Improvement Projects (when required)
- Participate in research and activities at departmental and organisational level.
- At least 2 years of professional practice experience; Experience working in dementia care, geriatrics or healthcare settings preferred.
- Passionate towards serving seniors.
- Good communication and inter-personal skills.
- Positive working attitude and good team player.
- Good personality, honest and responsible individual.
- Diploma/ Degree in Occupational Therapy
- Obtain full registration with AHPC
Thank you for your application. We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified for interviews.
Care Corner Singapore Ltd