As the Centre Manager, you will be responsible for managing and supervising a team of care staff to ensure the smooth operation of the senior care centre. You will also be required to organise activities and ensure the centre provides safe care by analysing incidents and implementing solutions to ensure the safety of our clients
- Ensure clients’ (Daycare and Rehab) welfare and safety are well taken care of in the centre.
- Develop, implement, and evaluate innovative and therapeutic activities in line with the GRACE model or care for all daycare clients.
- Engage internal and external stakeholders in conducting meaningful activities to engage clients.
- Organise and conduct MDM to ensure holistic care of clients.
- Promote inclusive care for clients by inviting community residents into the centre.
- Conduct Risk Management Assessments to ensure centres provide safe care by analysing incidents and implementing solutions to reduce incidents.
- Partner with internal stakeholders to achieve organisational goals.
- Provide overall operational leadership and supervision for staff in centres.
- Ensure business sustainability via prudent management of resources, and achieve 95% utilisation rate at a steady state (2 years) for Daycare and Rehab.
- Provide quality service in line with MOH SOPs and service requirements.
- Ensure the centre is ready for clinical, service and financial audits.
- Ensure centre facilities, equipment, and assets are in good working condition, and that all scheduled servicing is carried out promptly.
- Ensure the accuracy of monthly subvention reports.
- Collate data and submit reports when the need arises.
- Increase publicity by engaging community partners within the centre’s catchment area.
- Manage Transport fleet and ensure operational efficiency.
- Ensure staff attend compulsory training (core program, mental health training, first aid ETC)
- Promote a learning culture by supporting staff in upgrading their skills and knowledge through attending in-house or external courses.
- Identify areas for improvement, along with making recommendations and implementing solutions for the betterment of the care centre.
- Any other projects that are assigned by the manager.
- Degree or Diploma in relevant disciplines.
- Prior experience in caregiving duties in Hospitals, Nursing Homes or individual parents would be advantageous.
- Willingness and patience in serving elders.
- Bilingualism (Mandarin) is required due to the work environment.
- Team player with strong communications, interpersonal and organisational abilities.
- Capable of working independently and under time constraints.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Applications.
- Singaporeans and local PRs Preferred.
St Luke's ElderCare serves the community via services such as day care, day rehabilitation, dementia.