Community Care Executive
As a Community Care Executive, you will be directly involved in making sure elders receive the proper care, closely monitoring and recording their conditions to improve the treatment. You will also be expected to help in the maintenance and operation of the centre.
- Oversee Community Care Associates and Senior Community Care Associates in delivery of personal care to seniors.
- Monitor adherence to diet plan and assess for malnutrition.
- Monitor cognition level of seniors to pre-empt and identify areas of improvement and deterioration.
- Respond appropriately when seniors exhibit behaviours of concern.
- Participate in investigations of possible senior abuse.
- Implement plans to maximise senior autonomy, dignity of care and promote independence.
- Assist in serving medication, pre-packed medication and apply prescribed topical medication as instructed by Nursing staff.
- Perform CPRE, AED and first aid to seniors and plays an active role in emergency situations.
- Oversee and advice Senior Community Care Associates on nursing support such as administration of subcutaneous injections and prescribed medication and escalate issues to nursing team as necessary.
- Observe seniors’ engagement during sessions and feedback on seniors’ responses and progress.
- Ability to identify abnormalities and escalate for further quality care improvement if required.
- Ensure all elder assessments (outcome measures) and documents of elder’s progress are accurately documented and updated.
- Provide inputs to development of individualised care plan (ICP) with nursing and therapy teams and assist to implement the care plans to ensure that seniors needs are met.
- Ensure Community Care Associates and Senior Care Associates comply with St. Luke’s Eldercare Centre’s SOP.
- Monitor infection prevention and control initiatives to ensure standards are met and aligned to organisational policies.
- Monitor maintenance of equipment, machines and identify and mitigate workplace hazards and risks.
- Ensure smooth operations of centre with sufficient inventory and within budget.
- Plan and organise community activities for seniors with CCAs and SCCAs i.e. community outings, festive celebrations.
- Conduct training for and orientate Community Care Associates, Senior Community Care Associates, caregivers, interns, volunteers and new colleagues.
- Supervise Community Care Associates and Senior Community Care Associates team and improve team effectiveness.
- Respond to service situations and challenges professionally and appropriately.
- Any other projects that are assigned by the manager.
- Minimum Degree or Diploma in relevant disciplines.
- Prior experience in care giving duties in Hospitals, Nursing Homes or individual parents would be advantageous.
- Willingness and patient in serving the elderly clients.
- Bilingual (Mandarin) required due to work environment.
- Handle and respond to service challenges professionally and appropriately and escalate issues when required.
- Team player with strong communication, interpersonal and organisational abilities.
- Capable of working independently and under time constraints.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications.
- Candidates who are keen on a career switch would be considered.
- Singaporeans or Local PRs preferred.
St Luke's ElderCare serves the community via services such as day care, day rehabilitation, dementia.