As a Staff Nurse, you will be required to provide nursing leadership and effective delivery of optimal nursing care to all elders in the centre or residence you are assigned to. You will be expected to provide orientation & guidance for junior nursing personnel through continuing education & supervision to achieve quality nursing care.
- Comply with ENHS requirements in care and documentation.
- Lead in response, perform first aid and arrange for ambulance when emergency arises.
- Serve as a consultant and provide clinical expertise to junior nurses on professional and nursing issues.
- Assess & monitor health and nutritional status of residents during daily rounds.
- Carry out physical examination and other minor procedures according to competency levels.
- Ensure specimens are collected appropriately and despatched on time.
- Formulate nursing care plans according to residents’ wishes and their best interest.
- Ensure nursing care plans are reviewed every six months or when there are changes in the residents’ condition.
- To initiate interventions and evaluate the management of the residents promptly in order to minimise unnecessary hospital admissions.
- Administer prescribed medications to our residents by adhering to the 10 Rights.
- Observe for adverse side effects and effectiveness of the medicines.
- Evaluate effectiveness of interventions and report to Care Manager if applicable.
- Record informative, accurate and concise statements on the nursing care rendered to residents’ compliance to required standards.
- Guide team in carrying out escalation protocols and documenting of Incident Report in adverse reactions and medication errors.
- Assume responsibilities for the day to day operations of the households in the absence of Care Manager.
- Any other projects that are assigned by the manager.
- Diploma, Advanced Diploma, Higher Diploma or Graduate Diploma in Nursing or a similar discipline.
- At least 3 years of working experience in the related field is required.
- Valid Singapore Nursing Board License (Staff Nurse).
- Patience and Compassion in serving elderly residents.
- Team player with strong communications, interpersonal and organisational abilities.
- Capable of working independently and under time constraints.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications.
- Able to work for rotating shifts and weekends.
St Luke's ElderCare serves the community via services such as day care, day rehabilitation, dementia.